Website Liberty Grove Schools
Liberty Grove Schools envision a community of academic excellence that sparks innovation and creates opportunities. We achieve this by empowering students of diverse backgrounds to reach their full potential and remove labels through building community, emphasizing high standards of excellence, and embracing a wide variety of learning opportunities.
Liberty Grove Schools is seeking an ELA teacher responsible for creating a classroom environment that develops student skills. The position motivates students to read and assists in developing written and oral communication.
- Teach content and skills in English language, literature, composition, and reading
- Develop relevant assignments and lesson plans to guide students
- Evaluate academic growth of students in meeting the require standards for English
- Create content to instruct students in reading, writing, and grammar
- Provide routine feedback to students, colleagues, and parents regarding progress, based on observed performance and development
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student academic achievement through formal and informal testing
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning, supporting the physical, social, and emotional development of students
- Manage student behavior by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures, maintaining discipline in accordance with the school policy
- Participation in department, school, district, and parent meetings; including staff development
- Assign and grade classwork, homework, test, and assignments
- Perform additional duties as assigned
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instruction and short correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply, and implement detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to problem solve basic and variable situations.
- Ability to maintain emotional control
- Demonstrate initiative and leadership
- Ability to work with various personalities
- Professional demeanor and attitude
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability working with culturally and economically diverse populations
- Required Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred Master’s Degree
- Valid Indiana State Teacher’s License in Elementary Education (K-6)
Liberty Grove Schools offers a competitive salary and benefits package.