Website Liberty Grove Schools
Liberty Grove Schools envision a community of academic excellence that sparks innovation and creates opportunities. We achieve this by empowering students of diverse backgrounds to reach their full potential and remove labels through building community, emphasizing high standards of excellence, and embracing a wide variety of learning opportunities.
Liberty Grove Schools is seeking a classroom teacher to provide special education instruction to students requiring modified or adapted work, using special techniques or programs to improve behavior and academic achievement.
- Develop and implement an instructional plan compatible with school goals and students Individual Education Program
- Develop and implement Individual Education Program for students with disabilities, using diagnostic data
- Provide direct special education instruction to identified students
- Engage with additional resources to gain insight on student behavioral conditions, affecting the learning process
- Design and implement special programs for low achievers, encouraging parent-teacher collaboration
- Provide routine feedback to students, colleagues, and parents regarding progress, based on observed performance and development
- Manage student behavior to provide a safe and optimal learning environment
- Monitor students in a variety of educational environments; classroom, playground, field trips, for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment
- Organize developmentally appropriate activities to ensure student participation in learning
- Model conversation, manners, clean-up activities, and listening skills for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social and interpersonal behavior
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning, supporting the physical, social, and emotional development of students
- Manage student behavior by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures, maintaining discipline in accordance with the school policy
- Participation in department, school, district, and parent meetings; including staff development
- Assign and grade classwork, homework, test, and assignments
- Perform additional duties as assigned
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instruction and short correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply, and implement, detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to problem solve basic and variable situations.
- Demonstrated ability working with culturally and economically diverse populations
- Professional demeanor and attitude
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Required Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred Master’s Degree
- Preferred SPED experience
- Valid Indiana State Teacher’s License in Elementary Education (K-6)
Liberty Grove Schools offers a competitive salary and benefits package.