Website Liberty Grove Schools
Liberty Grove Schools envision a community of academic excellence that sparks innovation and creates opportunities. We achieve this by empowering students of diverse backgrounds to reach their full potential and remove labels through building community, emphasizing high standards of excellence, and embracing a wide variety of learning opportunities.
Liberty Grove Schools is seeking committed educators to provide academic instruction in an elementary learning environment for grades 4th thru 6th. Instruction will guide and engage students to develop academically in math, science, English language arts, and social skills.
- Provide academic subject instruction in math, science, social studies, and ELA
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill requirements of the school’s curriculum and the Indiana Academic Standards
- Prepare class projects and activities to assist ensure subject matter mastery
- Plan and use learning strategies, activities, equipment, and technology to accommodate the learning needs of each student
- Communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Provide routine feedback to students, colleagues, and parents regarding progress, based on observed performance and development
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student academic achievement through formal and information testing
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning, supporting the physical, social, and emotional development of students
- Manage student behavior by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures, maintaining discipline in accordance with the school policy
- Participation in department, school, district, and parent meetings; including staff development
- Assign and grade classwork, homework, test, and assignments
- Perform additional duties as assigned
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instruction and short correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply, and implement detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to problem solve basic and variable situations.
- Ability to maintain emotional control
- Demonstrate initiative and leadership
- Ability to work with various personalities
- Professional demeanor and attitude
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability working with culturally and economically diverse populations
- Required Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred Master’s Degree
- Valid Indiana State Teacher’s License in Elementary Education (K-6)
- Demonstrated competency in academic subjects
Liberty Grove Schools offers a competitive salary and benefits package.