Website Liberty Grove Schools
Liberty Grove Schools envision a community of academic excellence that sparks innovation and creates opportunities. We achieve this by empowering students of diverse backgrounds to reach their full potential and remove labels through building community, emphasizing high standards of excellence, and embracing a wide variety of learning opportunities.
Liberty Grove Schools is seeking an instructional assistant to aid the classroom teacher by working with small student groups to reinforce skills.
- Provide direct instruction to identified students to enforce academic skills
- Provide individualized academic instruction and learning assistance
- Work collaboratively with classroom teachers to administer assessments
- May participate in IEP meetings to provide recommendations based on student progress and needs
- Implement lesson plans, as directed by classroom teacher
- Implement special programs for low achievers, as directed by classroom teacher
- Model conversation, manners, clean-up activities, and listening skills for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social and interpersonal behavior
- Manage student behavior to provide a safe and optimal learning environment
- Manage student behavior by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures, maintaining discipline in accordance with the school policy
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability working with culturally and economically diverse populations
- Professional demeanor and attitude
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Required high school diploma
- Required associate degree or two years of post-high school education
- Previous experience in classroom setting
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree
Liberty Grove Schools offers a competitive salary and benefits package.