Website Liberty Grove Schools
Liberty Grove Schools envision a community of academic excellence that sparks innovation and creates opportunities. We achieve this by empowering students of diverse backgrounds to reach their full potential and remove labels through building community, emphasizing high standards of excellence, and embracing a wide variety of learning opportunities.
Liberty Grove Schools is seeking an instructional assistant to aid the special education teacher by working with small student groups to reinforce skills.
- Provide direct special education instruction to identified students
- Engage with additional resources to gain insight on student behavioral conditions, affecting the learning process
- Implement special programs for low achievers, as directed by classroom teacher
- Manage student behavior to provide a safe and optimal learning environment
- Organize developmentally appropriate activities to ensure student participation in learning
- Model conversation, manners, clean-up activities, and listening skills for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social and interpersonal behavior
- Manage student behavior by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures, maintaining discipline in accordance with the school policy
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability working with culturally and economically diverse populations
- Professional demeanor and attitude
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Required high school diploma
- Previous experience in classroom setting
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred SPED experience
Liberty Grove Schools offers a competitive salary and benefits package.